House + Home: 4 Decor Essentials


Yes....Summer is finally coming. Time for an energy shift. 

For those that live in a perpetual tropical climate like I do, Summer's just another excuse to play dress up with your decor. 


P.S. Don't you love our new bedding collection (pic above) coming in June 2017?! Ahhh...so exciting! More news to come soon...


Out with the old, in with the new!


There's no need to spend an exorbitant amount of money on an expensive room makeover, unless you feel like you absolutely have to. Changing the energy in your space only takes 4 essential home decor products with pops of color that can have a big impact with a small budget. 


Here are my 4 Essential Home Decor Products for a Summer Decor Energy Shift:



Positively Home Custom Pillows

1. Throw Pillows


These are inexpensive and never fail to brighten a room up with patterns, colour and style. Make a small investment in fun pillows that you can use every Summer. 



Beachy Summer-Inspired Rug via
2. Rugs

I have heard from a couple designers that it's not a big deal to not have a rug in a space, especially if it's small. Well, I beg to differ. Having a rug in a small space center and grounds the space making it balanced and easy for softer energy to flow. 


Try a 5' x 7' rug in your small space, trust me, it'll be life changing.



My Pouf in my MakeUp area in Orlando
3. Floor Pillows or Poufs

Remember when I added a pouf that I purchased from Walmart to my bathroom in Orlando


Before adding the pouf, I used to keep my laundry hamper underneath the counter-top, but after adding the pouf, I felt like I actually wanted to sit down to do my makeup and it also added a pop of color to my bathroom. This essential is one of my favorites because I love adding a pouf to a small area. It just makes all the difference! 



Oriental Flower Pots with Flowers ans Plants via
4. Flowers and Plants

I know I stress this a lot, but it's super important to me. Having a live plant, or a synthetic one, to your space makes it 10 times more welcoming (okay, don't quote me on that statistic). Plants and flowers are one of the best ways to add some color and good energy to you space for the Summer because it brings the outside in without having to actually be outside...in the heat lol.