6 Steps For Christmas Exterior Decorating



A couple weeks ago I posted about Picking The Best Wreath for your home decor. This week I helped my mom decorate the exterior of my parents' home for the Christmas Holidays! It was quite the challenge because every time I started putting up decorations, a huge rain-storm would begin lol. (I shot the pics with my iPhone, so sorry for the fuzziness)

So here are a few things that I've learned that'll definitely save you some time (and money) when decorating your home exterior for the Holidays: 1. Make sure that your ribbon and decorations go well with the colors on the outside of your home.2. Always purchase one extra roll, or box of decorations than you think you will need. (The multi-colored ribbon ran out and there was no more at the store...ugh) 3. Use fun, but sophisticated colors so that your home can look like a professional decorated it!4. Set aside at least 3-4 hours for an exterior project because you never know what mother nature may bring (RAIN!)5. Always step back midway of working on your decor and look at it from afar. How will your family members or friends react?6. Have fun and use it as an opportunity to bond with family or to just enjoy the fresh air and creative juices for a couple hours.