New York Randomness & Trade Show Wrap Up

69 degrees means Fall is finally here...and I'm not sure I like it! This Summer was awesome though; I loved the humid weather, I got to launch my product line at NY NOW 2014, and I got to go to the fashion district like every other day for essentials (zippers, thread etc.)


Safiya Jamila at NY NOW Summer 2014
My booth for NY NOW Summer 2014 is in the upper right corner and my sister did an awesome job of helping me place everything perfectly in just four hours! The process was so nerve-racking because it was my first time exhibiting at a trade show...EVER. I'm so thankful that everything came out great and that the 4 day process was a huge learning experience for both my sister and I.

The Safiya Jamila website is finally up with all new high-end hand-screened home decor accessories, along with fun, positive artwork.
Ah-Maze Throw Pillow in Blue Orchid
Ah-Maze Throw Pillow in Dark Orchid

A fan favorite at the show was definitely the Ah-Maze pattern in both colorways. Designers loved the fact that I not only had wholesale pricing, but that I had trade pricing also, so they didn't have to buy in bulk. All the hard work that has gone into making this dream a reality has truly paid off and I hope that you like the products just as much as I do.

I was feeling extra tourist-y since I was in the fashion district almost everyday before the NY NOW show began because of all the minor things I forgot to get the day before. So here;s some of the NY randomness from my fashion district journeys.



Safiya Jamila hangtags with cute ribbon from Mood Designer Fabrics NY
Thanks for popping by!!

With gratitude,
Safiya