Summer Time Blues

On a whole, I'm a loyal fan of the color blue, but there's just something about using blue as a Summer color that makes it even more special. Since the season is all about the three S's (sun, sand and sea), the classic beach-house color has always been shades and tones of blue.


The fun thing about blue is that it can basically be mixed with any other color and still have it's classic look. I love the use of pinks in the throw pillows and flowers above!


A little more sophisticated than beach-house, but I still love it.


I think I recall ChinaSeas making a pattern like the bold one above. Definitely an eye-catcher.



Any favorites? Since designing my new textile line, I've been looking at fabric patterns more than ever now. Some of the ones above are really inspiring for up and coming textile designers. Mixing fabrics with lines and circles have always been a little taboo for me because I like a more matchy look when it comes to patterns, but the designer of the living space above did a great job of blending them well! 

Thanks for popping by! Happy hump day :)
Safiya

Photo credit: House Beautiful; Pinterest