Happy July 4th!! Design Escape with me!

Hey everyone,

Happy 4th of July to my American peeps!

I've taken a major sabbatical from my blog (like 6 months) *huge gasp*; but I have a totally great reason for it. I've been working on my home couture line for my company Safiya Jamila and it has totally taken over my world! In the coming weeks I'll be posting on the blog and twitter some of the progress the company's made in the past 6 months and we'll be launching our first Fall/Winter collection in about a months time *excited screaming*. It's been a lot of work, but I've learned so much so far and have been able to work with the most positive and helpful people ever; and that's made this journey all worth while. (There have been some negatives, but I won't waste energy on them). My family has been my backbone and I am so happy and blessed to have such amazing parents and sisters!

Okay, so enough of my personal life for now. 

Since today's July 4th, I thought I'd pick some cool hotel outdoor areas in the USA with fun designs & architecture where I can imagine myself relaxing for the long weekend. Do you have any destinations you'd wanna add to this list?

                                                Gansevoort Hotel. Manhattan, New York

                                                         The W South Beach, Miami FL

                                                          Fountainebleau, Miami Beach FL

I have actually been at the Foutainbleau for a summer party! It's absolutely amazing with lots of people around; the atmosphere is so lively. I love that they chose to go with an all white theme (very Miami) because all the attention gets to be on the people in the cabana rather than on the throw pillows and cushions in the space.

                                   Vdara Hotel & Spa, Las Vegas

Umm....how different and cool are the furnishings in the pic above?! I've never seen anything like this in a hotel, especially in Vegas. I really love the different vibrant colors underneath each of the side tables, makes the area more fun in contrast to the all white modern seating.

Thanks for popping by!
---->Don't forget to follow me on twitter for my business adventure updates as they happen, blog posts on them will come later so stay tuned :)

Safiya xx

Photo Credit: Pinterest