It's Always Black N' White Darling....

Happy Monday :)

It's sooo bright and sunny here today!!...That's a little off topic but I just had to put that in lol. Any-who, black and white are such classic colors whether they're being worn to dinner or daytime shopping, or to add a sophisticated flare to a space. With certain designs, especially with feng shui, too much black and white is not always recommended but I love the way the colors look in design so I don't make that much of a concern unless the client specifically asks.

Below is a board with both fashion and interiors with black and white designs. One of my ALL TIME fav designers is Steven G. and he owns Interiors by Steven G Inc. The designs from this firm are absolutely spectacular and my fav section on the website is the contemporary interiors section. Enjoy!


You just can't beat the sophistication that these two colors bring! I love the look of the model, especially the skirt...so cute. I placed the larger YSL handbag on the board because I always carry a boatload of items in my bags so I just rather something bigger for a daytime look. I placed the belt in too because it can add a little more to the outfit.

The interiors above are so absolutely gorgeous, if I was there I probably won't even wanna touch anything! Lol. The bedroom is mostly white with the exception of the bed-frame, and the living room does carry on the black and white theme, just with an addition of brown. The brown helps the space to be a little warmer than it would have been if only black and white were used. I also love the use of white curtains instead of heavy drapery because it creates a more romantic setting to the area, and allows light to still flow in even if they were closed.
>>Check out the black and chrome candle-stands on the coffee table...ah-mazing!

Thanks for popping by darlings and don't forget to tell me your thoughts!!

With gratitude,
Safiya Jamila

Photo Credit:
Fashion Model; Sunglasses; Belt; Nail Polish; Handbag
Bedroom + Living Room