Art-Attack : My Guest Bedroom

Hey-hey!!

Last night I was moving a few art pieces around at my place because I'm changing the color scheme in my living room, so I needed to move some stuff around before shopping tomorrow. I got a brilliant idea while in my guest bedroom...why don't I just make my own art for my guest bedroom so I won't have to buy an art piece to replace the one I just took out??

So I went into the room where I keep all my 'artzzy' materials and found some wallpaper samples from Osborne & Little that I wasn't using, canvas that I had painted on (but I didn't like the painting....so I never used it), and a few other items to concoct my cute lil art scheme.

I love putting together boards (as you can see all over my blog lol) because I just like the organization rather than throwing the images onto the screen you know?? Anywhooo, below is a board of my late night art-attack with unfinished and finished products! Enjoy!!


I totally loved how it came out, super girly and fun...just what I wanted. What do you think? I added in the two Marilyn Monroe pieces that I created some time ago for school, and they were sitting in my 'artzzy' room so I decided to use them together with the new pieces. I knew art can be sustainable and cute all at the same darn time :)

>>I didn't remember to write down the names of the wallpaper samples I used (sorry), but all the other materials were from Michael's Arts & Crafts.

Thanks for popping in!

With Gratitude,
Safiya Jamila

Photo Credit: Safiya Jamila