Transition to the Outdoors!

Hey everyone & happy Thursday!

Have you ever felt the need to add a garden to your living space, but you just don't know where to begin? Well....me too!! I've had this problem because I live in a condo with a pretty small sized outdoor space (can be seen at the end of the post), and basically there is not much space to erect a garden out there, so I have to get creative.

As I stated in the About Me section of the blog, I love designing near nature; so if I can be near tweeting birds, pretty tropical flowers and trees basked in the Florida sunshine....I'm there! So I went in search of some interior and exterior inspirations that you and I can implement into our living spaces to make us feel a little closer to nature....because I mean, who doesn't wanna feel like they're living on a secluded Caribbean island every once in a while right ;)


Even small shrubs added to a space that already has a vibrant vibe because of its color scheme can really make a difference!

This is definitely one way in which we can add some garden-elegance to our outdoor spaces. With the addition of curtains, potted plants and  colorful flowers create a more than welcoming feel; and with the pop-of-yellow color scheme, users of this space can receive the good energy that bounces off of such a color.


How cute and amazing is this idea?!! I love when furnishings are able to do double duty; and this table is definitely doing it- and well.  You can now have a mini garden because below it's a plant pot and still have the space to move around if you have a small outdoor space like me.
P.S My oldest sister will love this arrangement because she has a cacti set that looks exactly like the one in the photo.


If you are fortunate enough to have an amazing view, then you really don't want to distract users from it, so the 'less-is-more' rule applies here. Subtle pops of color with few potted plants and flowers can give the space the naturesque vibe that we all want. I love the use of toned royal-blue, pops of red/pink and the java colored furnishings; they're just the right color scheme for a relaxed, yet playful exterior space.

I'll be sure to give a picture update when I redo my outdoor space because it's really in need of some TLC :)

My Little Outdoor Space

Photo Credit:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4