Nothing Says Caribbean More Than This....

Hey guys!

Being from the Caribbean, flowy dresses is definitely one of my obsessions; and now that I live in Florida, I try to wear them as much as possible. I absolutely love to wear fabrics with lots of movement, and also with bursts of color that blend well together; and it doesn't hurt to have these types of fabrics in the home for spring as well ;)

Anya Ayoung Chee Spring 2012 at New York Fashion Week
Anya Ayoung Chee's Spring 2012 line was full of fabrics like the one above and I adore the line so much because it represents Caribbean-style wear but in a sophisticated way!
>>(Anya is also from Trinidad & Tobago, as I am, so that makes me even happier *eeek*)


Keeping in theme with colorful, flowy fabrics, the living space above is so relaxing with the subtle colors- toned greens, light blues, and pops of yellow; and of course the light-weight white and patterned green curtains. I love when rooms aren't very 'matchy', and the designers can play with different patterns and textures and still bring the room together.
>>I can't take my eyes off of that green garden stool!!


Mainly, I like the color selection in this room because it does have a tropical feel to it, and the coffered ceiling for some reason reminds me of bamboo (maybe because of the color). The side chairs are upholstered in cool blues which definitely lend a hand to the light and flowy feel of the room, and of course the architectural feature of the tall winds don't hurt either.


Thinking of the concept of a Pantone green hallway with a java brown staircase doesn't really portray light and airy, but for some reason I think it works so well here! Keeping some element of white so that the natural light from the windows can bounce all around the hallway was the trick to keeping that 'airy' feel.


I love these colorful plates and tea cup from Gumps San Francisco. The ranges of blue together with the cute bird and flower accents don't have the usual cheesy look to them; they're fun-with-a-touch-of-class.

>>I was in a 'royal blue, light blue, pop-of-yellow, Pantone green' kinda mood today....could you tell?? Lol! Happy Friday :)




Photo Credit:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5