A Little White in Winter

Hey Everyone!

For the past few days it's been a little chilly in Orlando....people from the north of the US may look at me crazy, but I always use the excuse of being from the Caribbean as to why I think 64 degrees is cold lol.

Some of my favourite things to have in the winter are really cute and shaggy rugs because they warm my feet up as opposed to regular low-pile rugs. Rugs with higher piles are able to trap heat and just the texture of the shag threads against my skin always seems to give me that 'warm n' fuzzy' feeling.

I like picking rugs in really light colours, and I usually go with white because I can easily add colour to the specific room by having really fun throw pillows. White rugs for the short Florida winters are also perfect for me because I tend to change the decor of my place in seasons; so I never really worry about getting my white rugs dirty. Below are two of my favourite shag rugs; one is from Chandra and the other from Surya.

Enjoy : )

Zara Collection- White from Chandra Rugs
Above: I paired the white rug with really fun coloured pillows that I found at Home Goods.


Close-up of the Shag on Zara Collection Rug from Chandra

White Silk Shag Rug from Surya
 Above: I paired the rug with a custom made pillow. The sophisticated, yet fun and Caribbean-like pattern is one of my favourite patterns in my home, and it compliments the rug very well.


Close-up view of White Silk Shag Rug from Surya

Hope you enjoyed this post,
Safiya Jamila