90 Degrees & Counting....


Hi guys & happy Hump Day,

Anyone who's been to Florida in the summer time knows what I'm about to talk about....the HEAT is out-of-control!! This is literally the 1st time I'm begging for fall and winter to be right around the corner. Don't get me wrong, I love summer time and love basking in the Florida sun in super cute summer clothes, but 94 degrees is just not cool *pun intended*.

Sooo to get my hydration up to par, I've been drinking coconut water --my fav is from O.N.E Coconut Water -- and it's the original, not the flavored water. It's actually the one that tastes closest to the coconut water from Trinidad. I've also been having fruit --like mangoes, grapes, pineapples and papaya-- and these are healthy and yummy for me so I don't have to carry lots of bottled water.

As I was eating my fruit yesterday I was imaging myself at the beach having a delicious fruit cup....(you know they always say visualization is the best way to attract something to you *hehehe*). Since it's the middle of the week I knew the closest I could get to the beach was to put together some images of really nice beach-inspired interiors; so this then became my Wednesday wish/want :) I can totally envision myself in one of these beach houses and I'm sure you can too! Enjoy!


I love the idea of the DIY art in the bathroom! I actually used this idea, but instead of using fabrics I used wallpaper. It's super easy to buy a couple frames from a crafts store and replace the idea of having regular art with fabric.

I'm also in love with how wood planks were used in the second bathroom picture to line the walls. I think these light wood pieces help bring the 'beachy' feel to the bathroom. Imagine if the walls were in regular paint, I don't think the effect would have came across as it did in the image above.

I really like that each interior has a level of simplicity to it, which is exactly what we go to the beach to experience right? The colors all blend together nicely; even in the dining room interior where there were tones of pink used on the chairs and rug, the idea of simplicity and a calm 'beachy' feel were still met.

The mirror surrounded by starfish above the credenza was a simple but effective touch and can be used in a foyer or hallway or even in a bedroom or bath. Adding in accessories that we usually find at the beach are also a good way to bring across the beach-inspired style. Glass hurricanes filled with seashells or wooden treasure chests aid in adding character to a space. What are your thoughts?

Don't forget to stay cool and hydrated in the summer heat, and maybe you just might see me at the beach this weekend if you live in FL!

Thanks for popping by!

With gratitude,
Safiya Jmaila

Photo Credit: Pinterest Board #1; Pinterest Board #2; Pinterest Board #3