Checkerboard Chic Made Personal. Watch How!

Happy Monday!

As many other girls and women, I definitely love shopping and looking at the new fashion trends for Spring 2013. Some of the top trends that I enjoy so far are the use of black and white, and also the checkerboard style print. The styles are so very simple but make a huge impact when worn.

Kerry Washington, Kirsten Dunst & Jessica Alba in Louis Vuitton

I was so inspired by the checkerboard print and design that I decided to make two pieces of art for my living room that would reflect the print in its own way. I didn't want the pieces to look too literal; so for the first one I mixed up the patterns to create a very abstract look and for the second piece I decided to create an image (roses) with the use of color on the checker-boxes.

Hope you enjoy!

Checkmate Art Piece- Made from Painted 1"x 1" Squares  

Checkmate Art Piece


Box of Roses Art Piece- Made from Colored Matboard cut into  1"x 1" Squares

Box of Roses Art Piece
Recycling Materials to Make the Art Pieces

Figuring Out Exactly How I Wanted to Place the Pieces


 Photo Credit:
*People.com