Arches+Arches= More Arches!

Hi there!

An architectural feature is one of my favorite things to be mesmerized by anytime looking through photos, or if I'm at a hotel I'll probably take lots of pictures so I can run through them after my trip. Interior and exterior arches are definitely features that would be seen in Caribbean hotels or beach houses that were built around the colonial period. The history behind them is amazing, but I think and process more with the creative side of my brain, so just taking in the scenery is enough for me ;)

Lascelles Great House, Barbados
Don't you just love that everything blends so well in this photo above?? It's almost like an old Caribbean painting. The arch is totally doing a great job at framing this picturesque scene and the green doors with the accent of the horses and even the green moss on the stones make this one fantastic entryway.

Lascelles Great House, Barbados
Metal claw-foot tub + stainless steel accessories + varnished wood detailing + marble + of course arched painted white windows = an amazingly awesome Caribbean style bathroom. 
>>I love that the window looks out to such a naturalistic view. Don't you??

Tranquility Villa, Barbados
Exterior arches can definitely add to the fun of a space because how boring would it have been if there were no arched windows above the glass doors.....I'd say very boring! These arched windows also help to bring more of the light from outdoors in.

Villa Akasha, Cap Estate, St. Lucia
And of course I had to add in a not-so-colonial touch to the post. It's a modern inspired arch. Do you like??

Bus Stop, Int'l Dr. Orlando Fl
>>I was driving down International Drive in Orlando after a meeting and saw these really cool 'shade-effects' as I call them. OMG how cool are they? I wanted to get out my car and touch them to see what they were made of, but that was impossible....so maybe in the near future :))

Photo Credit:
Image 1+2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5- Safiya Jamila