A Touch of Trinidad & Tobago Carnival!

Hi Everyone!

Sooooo... yesterday was Carnival Monday in my home island of Trinidad & Tobago and I'm a little jealous of everyone back home enjoying themselves : ( So to cheer myself up I listened to Soca music all day long (lol).

I absolutely love drawing inspiration for interior projects and textiles from Trinidad & Tobago and all its fantastic Carnival elements; whether it's of the colours or patterns and textures on the costumes, or of the vibe the Carnival music gives to me. The colours are usually extremely vibrant and represent the love and unity that run through the culture of the twin islands, and incorporating that into my designs usually gets the 'waw' factor from views/clients. An example of this is a hotel concept design I worked on late last year (2012) :

Group Dining (Non-Operable Swing Seating)
Private Dining (Non-Operable Swing Seating)

Lobby Seating w/Mirrored Lit Wall


Lobby Bar w/Hologram of Carnival Dancers in the Columns

The renderings were completed in Revit software which I absolutely adore! Don't forget to comment and tell me your thoughts!!